I’m not a picky eater. I just like good food, and I don’t care if it’s a chain. (I know that it’s all about who’s managing the place.) There’s lots of choice in Murfreesboro these days—you can just drive down the street and see lots of places I haven’t mentioned—so bear in mind this is just one gal’s recommendation.
Links provide addresses for mapping, although I’ve tried to give a general location.
Lists are in no particular order. I’ve indicated whether a restaurant is local only, or a regional or national chain.
- Peter D’s (local): We love this place; had our wedding day dinner there. Near the party hotel.
- Mimi’s Café (national): Always good, always satisfying. Near the party hotel.
- Sylvan Park (local): Meat-and-three Southern cooking.
- Cracker Barrel (regional): Choice can be overwhelming but it’s solid and fast.
- City Café (local): It’ll do. Diner-style breakfast. On the Square.
- IHOP or Waffle House: You know about these. Not far from the party hotel area.
- Panera Bread (national): Dependable and good. Not far from the party hotel area.
- Dunkin’ Donuts (national): Out by our house. (Starbucks too.)
- Fast food: Sonic, McDonald’s, Hardee’s, Bojangles, Chick-fil-A
Lunch & Dinner
Note that there is a lot of dining around the college area that I’m completely unfamiliar with.
- Parthenon Grille (local): One of my faves. Out near our house.
- Chop House (regional): Always, always good. Not far from the party hotel area.
- Lemongrass Sushi & Thai (local): One of my favies. Close to our house.
- Marina’s (local): Italian, been here for at least 20 years. On the Square.
- Maple St. Grill (local): Chef owned and operated. On the Square.
- The Alley on Main (local): Chef owned and operated. Just off the Square.
- O’Possum’s Pub (local): Chef owned and operated. I have friends who love it.
- Five Guys (regional): There is no big ol’ greasy burger better! Not far from the party hotel area.
- Five Senses (local): Chef owned and operated. Go to linger over your meal.
- Toot’s (local): Wings. Much loved. Noisy. Go to Broad Street location.
- Peter D’s
- Mimi’s Café
- Sylvan Park
- City Café (lunch)
- Don’t forget the BBQ list. 🙂
- Mayday Brewery (local): Getting lots of attention locally.
- The Goat (local): Near the party hotel.
- Bar Louie (local): Much loved by locals. Loud. Near the party hotel.
- O’Possum’s (local): Irish pub; I have friends who love it.
- Green Dragon Public House (local): Just off the Square.
- Julia’s Bakery (local): Love. It. Near the party hotel.
- Marble Slab Creamery (national): I love ice cream. Near the party hotel.
- Rita’s Italian Ice (national): Near the party hotel.