I make almost all my own travel arrangements, and I have for years. Once the airlines started putting their booking programs online, why wouldn’t I? Well, there’s a good rebuttal for that.
It turns out there are some good reasons why you should maintain a relationship with your local travel agent. I recently stumbled on this article in my AAA Going Places magazine, and I thought you might be interested. Apparently there are five myths:
1. I thought technology replaced travel agents.
2. It costs more to book through a travel agent.
3. Agents try to sell unnecessary things.
4. It’s easier to book through the Internet.
5. Internet pricing is less expensive.
You can read the rest of the article for the details; it’s short. You’ll have to scroll down past another short article about travel insurance.